Hydro excavation is a growing process, as people have begun to realize its true value. It not only offers safety benefits, as well as minimal damage, but it can also save you money in the long run. With it being relatively new to the area, you may be wondering how to choose a crew for your hydro excavation job?
We’ve discussed the process of hydro excavation and its benefits in our previous blog, West Texas Hydro Excavation. Hydro excavation is a safe way of excavating and evacuating soil, while eliminating the risk of underground utility damage. There is no manual or mechanical digging involved, causing less environmental destruction than traditional excavation processes. So, you aren’t buying a hole in the ground. You’re buying a safe hole, one that minimizes damage and will save you money in the long-term.
Factors To Consider
However, not all hydro excavation crews are the same. And the secret to an efficient and productive hydro excavation job is an experienced, knowledgeable crew. Below are some questions to ask and factors to consider when hiring a crew.
- Ask about trucks/equipment used (as not all crews use the same equipment for hydro excavation).
- How do you adjust water pressure for soil conditions?
- How many people does the crew consist of, and what is their experience?
- Where do you hold water and debris and what is the capacity (how often will the crew have to leave to dumb off debris)?
- Is your equipment within weight limits? (You don’t want to incur a liability for a crew’s overweight equipment.)
- How do you charge (hourly, by yard, etc.)?
- What are your safety standards? Do you have a safety rating?
- Ask for a reference.
- Ask for a bid or estimate.
At Wildcat, we want to be the company you choose for your next hydro excavation job and would be more than happy to answer these questions and more. Hire our reliable team and we’ll ensure that your job is done right, right away. Contact us today!